SolydXK

Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Themes themes and more themes



Well it's try some new things again.
I went into this android programming with the hopes of making some themes, it's something I like doing and used to make them for linux (hopefully I'll get back to that one day) you can see some of them here  also some more on linux mint art site, ubuntu art site and gnomes eye candy site.
Well I'm in between making a game that is going to take me awhile to do I decided to take some breaks while I design the game more, to make some themes.
I was going to make them to install on multiple launchers BUT Go Launcher changed so many things for theming in their code and now use base 64 cyprtics for their xml files that it has to be done on their theme maker now instead of adding it to multiple launchers at once, so to make things easier I decided to just make some Go Launcher themes for now, this gives me a break from programming anyhow and let's me just concentrate on the artwork instead. If they go good and I get a demand for them on other launchers I'll make them for those also, minus the Go Launchers extras that only they have (like their new menu).
Hopefully I can get some made for the ADW and launcher pro (both which I use as well as the go launcher but have to admit I like adw the best, it's less bloated and faster but has less toys then the go does and the reason I chose the go launcher first, well is because I don't have to program it at all, I can also design in more areas with their toys and it gives me the break I need.
But I do want to make some for adw (my favorite of all launchers :)

I'll post them here once their done.

Ok two are done so far as shown below.
I of course have to make a steampunk one, to keep with my passion for steampunk styles, I know their is a few of them out there and because of that I was almost not going to make one, I figured theirs enough choice out there for folks and some of them are excellent, but it's my passion for all things gears lol.
So I am making one and will take my time as usual with steampunk and will post it here once done.
Alrighty the steampunk one is finished and I tried to make it as clean as possible as it can be very easy to go nuts with gears and the such on steampunk making it a cluttered mess in the end, hopefully I kept this one clean enough :)

After making some Go Launcher themes go keeps changing things, which means updates have to be fast a furious,  to keep up with their changes, plus the fact I noticed how quickly they get pirated (extremely quick) and almost stopped downloads completely because of it, for these two reasons, I will no be making anymore Go Launcher themes (plus a few more reasons on go side), there fun but with the pirating issues and the constant changes go keeps performing, keeping up means keeping a constant eye on what go is doing and searching sites for pirated copies to try and stop it (the time involved makes it not worth doing them), so hopefully I can have some better luck with apex and adw (my favorite launcher), we'll see how this one goes lol.
Sam

WildWood Theme














Description:
Wild Wood GO Launcher EX Theme
Description: Wild Wood theme for those who like nature and green themes.
This give an old wild wood forest to your phone with fonts and icons bright so they are easily readable.
This one has won an award



and you can download it by clicking on the link below


Available on Google Play 


Pink Metal Theme



























Pink Metal GO Launcher EX Theme
Decsription: For those who love pink but don't want the hearts and fancy swirls.
This is a clean not cluttered, not frilly, pink metal theme.
For those who love pink themes but are tired of hearts and fancy wallpapers with flowers and swirls and daffodils.
You have a choice of 4 wallpapers, droid (word)  droid(robot) with race flag stripes, barb wire, and solid black metal grid (for those who just don't want so much pink.
For all the pink lovers that love metal.

Instructions:
Make sure the latest version of GO Launcher EX has been installed! (Search “GO Launcher EX” to download)
Apply the Theme: MENU->Themes->Choose “Pink Metal Theme” theme.
you can get it by clicking the link below


Available on Google Play 


Steampunk Theme





































 Steampunk GO Launcher EX Theme
Decsription: Steampunk theme for those who just can't get enough of steam punk themes.
I made this one as clean as I could, with less detail to make things easier to be navigate and giving enough details to give a fancy steampunk appearance to your phone.
I added three steampunk wallpapers with this one plus an different one for the apps section because I wanted to make chains going behind the icons in that section.
All the menu backgrounds are in a red wood with gold/bronze trimming.
I added different icons for the main dock with blue light glowing on the icons and the dock itself is different from all other menu backgrounds with a glass back.

Instructions:
Make sure the latest version of GO Launcher EX has been installed! (Search “GO Launcher EX” to download)
Apply the Theme: MENU->Themes->Choose “Steampunk Theme” theme.
To change the wallpaper, once it is installed click menu > go wallpaper and it will be in there.

If you have any questions feel free to email me or leave a message on the developer site.

Portions of this work are modifications based on work created and shared by Google (http://www.android.com/developers/branding.html) and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/).

You can get it by clicking the link below


Available on Google Play 





Lava Flow














This is the first one I made, I went for the dark theme with lava flows in the background .


This can be gotten by clicking the link below


Available on Google Play 





No comments:

Post a Comment